Monday, January 12, 2009

Casual Raiding


Every so often at 7:00PM Casual Raiding will bring you a description of my (and sometimes readers') experiences raiding in Wrath of the Lich King.

I've been raiding for about a month now on my Holy Priest and I'm beginning to gear up quite nicely. With only the final wing left in Naxxramas, I thought I would write about my experiences so far.

After reaching level 80 fairly fast, I easily joined a pretty hardcore raiding guild. I raided with them for about a week and decided it was not for me. After a little under a month I finally settled down with my new guild. I have been in the first 4 quarters of Naxxramas with the new guild and Obsidian Sanctum. My character sheet is quickly turning purple and it is very exciting!

Healing on a priest is amazing, I've healed with other classes and it just isn't the same. The "smart heal", Circle of Healing may be a little over powered, but I love it to death. I am really going to have to change my play style when it is nerfed with a 6 second cooldown. Obviously, Circle of Healing isn't all there is to healing as a priest. After healing on a Paladin for so long, it is nice to have a big heal that is actually efficient. Renew has lost some of its power since BC, however I still use it liberally on tanks. That is just the tip of the iceberg on all of the Priest heals. I love the fact that I have to make decisions on which heal to use, and how we have so many situational heals. It has been a major change from the Paladin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My priest Caitidid (if you want to armory her) is a Holy/Disc hybrid. I don't have any of the "ZOMGWOW!" talents at the bottom of either tree BUT I never run out of mana. I never have issues healing and I love it to pieces. I've never once had to sit and drink in an instance since spec'ing this way. One of my biggest downfalls and why I no longer play my mage...I hate drinking. I don't want to stop! Keep going!

So that's a huge thing for me. I love healing as the priest, especially when a DK is tanking. My shields don't hinder his rage generation at all...because he has none! hehe

Spocket said...

Yeah I use to run out of mana pretty fast with my deep holy build, however I have enough spirit gear where I don't drink often either, I love it. Your right though, drinking sucks!